• News
  • Nashik civic body wants continuation of Traffic Education Park; fresh agreement likely

Nashik civic body wants continuation of Traffic Education Park; fresh agreement likely

Nashik civic body wants continuation of Traffic Education Park; fresh agreement likely
Nashik mayor Himgauri Aher in a meeting with the office-bearers of Nashik First
Nashik: The civic body has expressed support for continuing the Traffic Education Park operated by NGO Nashik First, with both sides agreeing to draft a fresh agreement after a key meeting on Wednesday.The meeting, chaired by mayor Himgauri Aher, discussed renewal of the pact between Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) and the NGO. While no final decision was taken, officials said a revised agreement will be prepared and finalised in the coming days.The clarification comes amid recent controversy, after some corporators raised objections about the park’s functioning, leading Nashik First to consider shutting down the facility. Addressing the concerns, the mayor underlined that the civic body had only initiated an inquiry and not ordered closure.“If any violation had been found, a formal notice would have been served. The corporation supports the continuation of this public-oriented project and is inclined to extend the agreement,” she said, urging all stakeholders to resolve differences in the city’s larger interest.The Traffic Education Park, established in 2013 on a three-acre plot at Mumbai Naka, was developed by Nashik First at a cost of around Rs 3.5 crore with corporate support. The facility offers practical road safety training through simulated infrastructure such as traffic signals, road markings and flyovers, benefiting schoolchildren and driving licence applicants.Although the original agreement expired in 2019, Nashik First has continued operations and paid the lease amount since then.

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media