
A massive protest broke out near Shastri Bhawan in Delhi on Tuesday after NSUI staged demonstrations against NEET-UG 2026 cancellation. Heavy police forces were deployed across key areas to control the situation and maintain law and order amid growing student unrest and slogans against the government and NTA.

NSUI President Vinod Jakhar alleged that students’ futures had been compromised and demanded strict action against those involved in the alleged conspiracy. He also called for the resignation of Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, ban on NTA, and Supreme Court-monitored investigation into the entire examination process.

Officials said the re-examination schedule and revised admit card details will be announced in the coming days. The agency assured full cooperation with investigating authorities, including the CBI, and said all records and materials would be shared to aid the probe into the alleged malpractice. (ANI Photo)

In an unprecedented move, the National Testing Agency (NTA) cancelled NEET-UG 2026, affecting over 24 lakh aspirants across the country. The decision was taken after evidence indicated significant overlap between pre-circulated “guess papers” and the actual question paper used in the May 3 examination.

The Centre has handed over the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for a comprehensive probe into alleged paper leak and organised malpractice network. Officials said the move aims to ensure an impartial and transparent investigation into irregularities reported from multiple states. (PTI Photo)

Rajasthan Police’s Special Operations Group (SOG) had already begun probing suspicious question sets circulated before the exam. Investigators claimed that over 100 questions from biology and chemistry matched the final NEET paper, raising serious concerns over examination integrity. (PTI Photo)

The exam was conducted on May 3 but soon after, allegations of paper leak surfaced, triggering multiple parallel investigations by state police and central agencies. Authorities are now examining how pre-circulated question sets may have reached candidates before the national exam. (ANI Photo)

The NTA stated that the cancellation decision was taken with the approval of the Government of India to maintain transparency and preserve trust in the national examination system. It added that the exam would be re-conducted on dates to be notified later through official channels.