'Ranveer's conviction and commitment towards both the script and Jai has enabled 'Pralay,' says Hansal Mehta

'Ranveer's conviction and commitment towards both the script and Jai has enabled 'Pralay,' says Hansal Mehta
Ranveer Singh is venturing into a new genre with 'Pralay', a post-apocalyptic zombie thriller. The actor approached director Hansal Mehta's son, Jai Mehta, after admiring his prior work. Jai Mehta, making his directorial debut, has been developing the original story with Vishal Kapoor. The film, slated for a mid-2026 shoot, is reportedly casting Kalyani Priyadarshan as the female lead. Read on to know more in detail.
Ranveer Singh is set to star in a movie titled 'Pralay', a post-apocalyptic zombie movie next. With that, the actor will venture into a new genre. More details about the survival thriller are not out as of now; however, as per the latest update, Hansal Mehta has revealed how 'Pralay' was initiated.In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter India, Hansal Mehta revealed that his son Jai Mehta had been working on the idea for a long time. The filmmaker shared Ranveer loved his son's previous work.
Watch
Ranveer Singh's Dhurandhar 2 Becomes India’s No.1 Film, Beats Biggest Blockbusters —Full Top 10 List
"Jai had been working on this idea for a long time,” Hansal Mehta said. He added, "When Ranveer saw his directorial work, he was impressed. Then Jai pitched the idea to him. Once Ranveer said he liked the idea, we invested in developing it—helping Jai create the world he wants to present in the film. Ranveer’s conviction and commitment towards both the script and Jai has enabled 'Pralay'."According to the reports, the movie has been in the pre-production stage since then, which included concept proofing and pre-visualisation.The veteran filmmaker also added that the development is not just about writing, but it involves world-building, visualization, pitching the concept, and more. He shared that the team has invested a lot of time in creating a world that should be believable as well.

Hansal Mehta addresses the rumors of 'Pralay' being inspired by 'Blindness'

Addressing the rumors of the upcoming Ranveer Singh starrer being inspired by 'Blindness', Hansal Mehta said, "It's not an adaptation. Jai and Vishal Kapoor have written the original story."The filmmaker also shared, "The victory of Jai’s film will depend on its immersive nature… we are working with some of the best talent from around the world."

More about 'Pralay'

With 'Pralay', Jai Mehta will be making his debut as a director of a feature film. The movie is scheduled to start rolling in mid-2026. Reportedly, Kalyani Priyadarshan has been roped in to play the female lead. However, the makers have not yet confirmed it as of now.

More about Ranveer Singh

Ranveer Singh is currently enjoying the success of its recent release 'Dhurandhar: The Revenge'. The movie has grossed over Rs 1500 crore at the box office globally. Directed by Aditya Dhar, the movie was released in theaters on March 19, 2026.
Get the latest entertainment updates from the Times of India, along with the latest Hindi movies, upcoming Hindi movies in 2026 , and Telugu movies.”
author
About the AuthorTOI Entertainment Desk

The TOI Entertainment Desk is a dynamic and dedicated team of journalists, working tirelessly to bring the pulse of the entertainment world straight to the readers of The Times of India. No red carpet goes unrolled, no stage goes dark - our team spans the globe, bringing you the latest scoops and insider insights from Bollywood to Hollywood, and every entertainment hotspot in between. We don't just report; we tell tales of stardom and stories untold. Whether it's the rise of a new sensation or the seasoned journey of an industry veteran, the TOI Entertainment Desk is your front-row seat to the fascinating narratives that shape the entertainment landscape. Beyond the breaking news, we present a celebration of culture. We explore the intersections of entertainment with society, politics, and everyday life.

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media