This story is from May 25, 2011

Six injured in Bokaro eviction clash

Over six persons, including security personnel and politicians, were injured in a clash between Bokaro Steel Limited (BSL) securitymen and local people during an anti-encroachment drive in Sector-I/B area under City police station here on Tuesday.
Six injured in Bokaro eviction clash
BOKARO: Over six persons, including security personnel and politicians, were injured in a clash between Bokaro Steel Limited (BSL) securitymen and local people during an anti-encroachment drive in Sector-I/B area under City police station here on Tuesday.
According to sources, the incident occurred when the BSL security team reached the spot to demolish the illegal structures following eviction notices served to the occupants.
1x1 polls
BSL had served eviction orders to remove unauthorized structures to six occupants in Sector-I/B.
A BSL official said, "The demolition drive was being conducted smoothly and structures of three houses were already demolished. However, when the bulldozer was set to demolish the fourth structure, local politicians, including Sudhir Singh, Awadhesh Singh, Laxmi Narayan Singh, Ras Narayan Singh demonstrated against the drive. They were demanding the drive be stopped."
When the bulldozers did not stop, residents of the area started throwing stones to the security men. The securitymen retaliated by lathicharge. Two security men suffered minor injuries after they were hit with stones, while Sudhir, Laxmi Narayan and other residents were injured in the lathicharge. Chas SDO Sudhir Kumar Ranjan said the situation was under control and peace had been restored in the area.
Inspector of City police station Rameshwar Oraon said the BSL would lodge a complaint against the leaders and the residents who tried to disrupt the process of eviction. "It seems the local leaders have instigated the residents, following which the situation turned violent."
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA