US strikes Iran’s ‘command and control’ facilities; Trump says war ‘can be fought forever’ - key details
Israel attacks Iran
- US-Israel-Iran War Live Updates: Iran launches 'massive missile' strike at US airbase in Bahrain; Israel bombs Beirut
- Iran Strikes Saudi Aramco Facility: Drone attack halts oil at Ras Tanura; Gulf states weigh response
- ‘Last, best chance’: Trump sets out four clear objectives for ending Iran war — what are they
The situation in the Middle East continues to evolve, as Iran has launched retaliatory strikes following the death of its long-serving Supreme Leader Khamenei, an operation reportedly planned by Trump.
Most recently, the Khamenei-less and angered Tehran regime attacked the US embassy in Iran, while the US military said it had destroyed Iran’s “command and control” center in Tehran.
Meanwhile, Israel and Hezbollah continue exchanging missile strikes, targeting each other’s positions.
Top developments
Can fight wars ‘forever’: Trump
US President Donald Trump said on Truth Social on Tuesday that America’s munitions stockpiles at the “medium and upper medium grade” have “never been higher or better.” He claimed the United States has a “virtually unlimited supply” of such weapons and added, “Wars can be fought ‘forever,’ and very successfully, using just these supplies.”
Trump said that while the country has a good supply of high-end weapons, it is “not where we want to be,” adding that additional high-grade weaponry is stored in other countries.
Trump said he rebuilt the US military during his first term and continues to strengthen it. “The United States is stocked, and ready to WIN, BIG!!!” he wrote.
US embassy attacked in Riyadh
Saudi Arabia’s defence ministry said two drones hit the US diplomatic mission in Riyadh early Tuesday. A ministry spokesperson said preliminary assessments confirmed the embassy had been targeted. “The attack resulted in a limited fire and minor material damage to the building,” the statement noted.
AFP journalists and residents reported hearing loud explosions in the diplomatic quarter, with one resident saying the blast shook homes nearby.
Saudi forces also later said they intercepted and destroyed eight drones near Riyadh and Al Kharj.
Trump signals retaliation
US President Trump said the US would response to the attack on its embassy in Riyadh. “If action is not taken now, it may never be possible in the future. You'll soon find out,” he said.
Trump also indicated the conflict could last longer than initially expected, saying the United States has the capability to continue operations if required.
Vice President JD Vance meanwhile told Fox News the strikes were aimed at ensuring Iran “could never have a nuclear weapon.” He also said the administration did not intend to enter a multi-year conflict like Iraq or Afghanistan.
.
Netanyahu defends action
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the attack on Iran was urgent. He claimed Iran had begun constructing underground bunkers that would soon make its nuclear and missile programmes immune from air strikes.
“The reason that we had to act now is because after we hit their nuclear sites and their ballistic missile program… they started building new sites, underground bunkers that would make their ballistic missile program and their atomic bomb program immune within months,” Netanyahu claimed in an interview with Fox News.
“If no action was taken now, no action could be taken in the future,” he added.
"Iran for 47 years has been chanting death to America," he Netanyahu."They bombed your embassies.They tried to assassinate Donald Trump, the president of the United States, twice. They murdered their own people, they massacred so many. And they spread a worldwide web of terror," he added.
Israeli targets Iran’s air defences
Israeli fighter jets have struck Iran’s air defence systems and missile launch platforms, according to Israeli military spokesperson Avichay Adraee. In a post on X, Adraee said aircraft targeted personnel operating radar installations and missile launchers, and also hit sites linked to Iran’s ballistic missile platforms.
Meanwhile, United States Central Command (CENTCOM) said it destroyed facilities belonging to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, including command centres, air defence systems, and missile and drone launch sites. CENTCOM did not provide evidence but said it would continue taking “decisive action” against what it called imminent threats from Iran.
‘War of choice’: Araghchi
Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused the United States of entering a “war of choice” to support Israel, responding sharply to remarks by US Secretary of State Marco Rubio. In a post on X, Araghchi said, “Mr. Rubio admitted what we all knew: US has entered a war of choice on behalf of Israel. There was never any so-called Iranian ‘threat’.”
He added that “shedding of both American and Iranian blood is thus on Israel Firsters,” and said the American public “deserve better and should take back their country.” Rubio had earlier told reporters that Washington was aware of Israel’s plans to strike Iran and joined the operation, arguing that Tehran was likely to retaliate against US assets in the region.
Israel's warning in Lebanon
Israel asked residents in at least 59 locations across Lebanon to evacuate immediately, citing alleged activity by Hezbollah.
In a post on X, Israeli military Arabic spokesperson urged civilians to move at least 1,000 metres away from their villages to open areas for their own safety. “Anyone present near Hezbollah elements, their facilities, and their combat means is endangering their life,” it wrote, adding, “Protect your safety and the safety of your loved ones and evacuate immediately.”
.
Oil prices climb
Oil prices rose for a third straight day amid fears of supply disruption through the Strait of Hormuz. Brent crude crossed $79 per barrel on Tuesday as markets reacted to the escalating conflict. The situation remains fluid, with both sides signalling further military action.
“With no quick de-escalation in sight, the Strait of Hormuz effectively closed and Iran showing a willingness to target energy infrastructure in the region, upside risks remain and they grow the longer the conflict drags on,” Tony Sycamore, IG market analyst, was quoted by Reuters as saying.
Popular from World
- She votes for herself, becomes mayor and approves her own liquor licence: Inside America’s town of one
- Depart now': US urges Americans to leave over a dozen Middle East countries
- How long will the Iran war last? What US, Israel signalled amid widening conflict
- Donald Trump outlines devastating response if Iran assassinates him; ‘there will be nothing left’
- Trump says Iran operation was US' 'last best chance' to eliminate 'intolerable' threats; aimed to thwart missile, nuclear capabilities
end of article
Trending Stories
- US-Israel-Iran War Live Updates: Iran launches 'massive missile' strike at US airbase in Bahrain; Israel bombs Beirut
- Chandra Grahan Time Today: When and where to see Lunar Eclipse, visibility in India, and safety tips on how to watch it
- She votes for herself, becomes mayor and approves her own liquor licence: Inside America’s town of one
04:18 '20 hours, 1 sandwich, 2 water bottles': Flyers vent it out on social media after over 100 flights to and from Delhi cancelled- Trichy–Tambaram intercity train begins service amid celebrations
- AP SSC hall tickets 2026 released on bse.ap.gov.in; download class 10 admit cards here
10:17 Depart now': US urges Americans to leave over a dozen Middle East countries
Featured in world
- US-Israel-Iran War Live Updates: Iran launches 'massive missile' strike at US airbase in Bahrain; Israel bombs Beirut
- Who was Savitha Shan? Indian-origin honours student killed in Austin shooting
- ‘From Gaza to Minab’: Iran shares image of hundreds of graves being dug after 160 dead in school strike
- US Marines opened fire on protesters who stormed Karachi consulate: Report
- US-Israel-Iran conflict: Saudia extends flight cancellations across 8 major cities through March 4
- Donald Trump outlines devastating response if Iran assassinates him; ‘there will be nothing left’
Photostories
- South Delhi’s costliest streets: Where homes are valued in hundreds of crores
- From Cyrus Poonawala to Radhakishan Damani; 5 Indian billionaires who own private residences in South Mumbai
- Star kids Holi celebrations in PICS: Preity Zinta explains photo privacy; Abhishek Bachchan and Sanjay Dutt families glimpses
- World Wildlife Day 2026: Wildlife parks and reserves in India known for medicinal and aromatic plants
- Birds are more brutal than one can imagine: 5 gruesome ways they kill their prey
- 7 signs of a true friend: How to spot real friends in your life
- 3:3 Total Lunar Eclipse: Timings in India, spiritual meaning and 6 things to do tonight instead of scrolling before bed
- Baroda House in Lutyens’ Delhi: Where royal heritage meets strategic real estate
- Baby names inspired by confidence and courage
- 4 easy thandai recipes to make at home this Holi
Videos
11:17 Iran Missile Hits Tel Aviv; IRGC Claims Hitting U.S. Bases In UAE, Bahrain | Qatar Downs Missiles09:32 ON CAM: Iran Unleashes FATTAH HYPERSONIC Missile In Big Show Of Force Against U.S. & Israel08:36 Iran War, Day 3: American Death Toll Rise To 6 After Deadly Iranian Strike On US Base In Kuwait08:18 'Americans GET OUT': Middle East Explodes; Americans Told To FLEE 14 Countries Amid Iran Revenge09:54 BIG! U.S. Embassy In Riyadh BOMBED; Saudi Confirms Drone Strike, Explosions Rock Capital09:59 Trump Reveals Nuclear Threat Was Nearly At America's Door, Outlines Four Iran War Objectives08:02 Inside Tehran’s Expanding Missile & Drone Arsenal As Regional Tensions Explode10:04 Gulf Frustration Grows Over Iran War, Makes Big Charge Against US; 'Trump's Priority Is Israel...'08:33 Iran-Backed Drone Swarm Slams US Sites In Erbil As Iraq Edges Toward Wider Regional War
Up Next
Start a Conversation
Post comment