Jamshedpur: Security forces exchanged fire with Maoists in Porahat forest in West Singhbhum district on Tuesday. “No casualty has been reported so far in the gun fight. However, security personnel are camping at the site,” SP Amit Renu said.
Police sources said the exchange of fire lasted 30 minutes following which the Maoists retreated. Security forces, comprising CRPF jawans, CoBRA and district police personnel, launched a search operation in a stretch of the forest across Kedabir village under Sonua police station limits after receiving inputs on the movement of wanted Maoist operative Saluka Kayam and his squad.
Active with his squad in the Kudburu-Kedabir stretch of Porahat, Kayan is involved with reviving the outfit in the mineral-rich forest. “We cannot disclose strategic things,” said SP when asked about Saluka Kayam.
Based in Jamshedpur, he covers entire Kolhan region having three ...
Read MoreBased in Jamshedpur, he covers entire Kolhan region having three districts namely East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum and Seraikela-Kharsawan reporting on topics such as left wing extremism, city life, urban policies and issues among other wide ranging topics.
Read Less
Follow Us On Social Media