Middle East crisis: Iran proposes 30-day plan to end war, says it has received US reply
Iran late Sunday said it had received the US response to its 14-point proposal, sent via Pakistan, that called for issues between the two countries to be resolved within 30 days and aimed to end the war rather than extend the ceasefire.
Iranian state media reported that Washington had conveyed its response to Iran’s proposal via Pakistan and that Tehran was now reviewing it. There was no immediate confirmation from either Washington or Islamabad of the US response.
“At this stage, we do not have nuclear negotiations,” state media quoted Iran's foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei as saying, an apparent reference to Iran’s proposal to set aside talks on nuclear issues until after the war ends. Iran’s 14-point proposal called for the US lifting sanctions, ending its naval blockade of Iranian ports, withdrawing forces from the region and ceasing all hostilities, including Israel’s operations in Lebanon, say officials.
Iran’s latest proposal to the US called for issues between the countries to be resolved within 30 days and aimed to end the war rather than extend the ceasefire, according to Iran’s state-linked media. President Donald Trump on Saturday said he was reviewing the proposal but expressed doubt it would lead to a deal, adding on social media that “they have not yet paid a big enough price for what they have done to Humanity, and the World, over the last 47 years”.
On Sunday, Iran said it had received a US response to its offer for peace talks. Iranian state media reported that Washington had conveyed its response to Iran’s 14-point proposal via Pakistan, and Tehran was now reviewing it. There was no immediate confirmation from Washington or Islamabad of the US response.
“At this stage, we do not have nuclear negotiations,” state media quoted Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei as saying, an apparent reference to Iran’s proposal to set aside talks on nuclear issues until after the war ends and the parties agree to lift opposing blockades of Gulf shipping.
On Saturday, Trump said that he had yet to review the exact wording of the Iranian peace proposal, but that he was likely to reject it.
The US and Israel suspended their bombing campaign against Iran four weeks ago, and US and Iranian officials held one round of talks. But attempts to set up further meetings have failed so far.
Iran handed over its latest proposal on Thursday, and a senior Iranian official confirmed on Saturday that Tehran envisions ending the war and resolving the shipping standoff first, while leaving talks on Iran’s nuclear programme for later.
Though Trump initially said on Friday that he was not satisfied with the proposal, he said on Saturday he was still looking at it. “They told me about the concept of the deal. They’re going to give me the exact wording now,” he told reporters. Asked if he might restart strikes on Iran, the US president replied: “I don’t want to say that. I mean, I can’t tell that to a reporter. If they misbehave, if they do something bad, right now we’ll see. But it’s a possibility that could happen.”
The proposal to delay talks on nuclear issues until a later phase would appear at odds with Washington’s repeated demand that Iran accept stringent restrictions on its nuclear programme before the war can end.
Washington wants Tehran to give up its stockpile of more than 400kg of highly enriched uranium, which the US says could be used to make a bomb. Iran says its nuclear programme is peaceful, though it is willing to discuss some curbs in return for the lifting of sanctions, as it had accepted in a 2015 deal that Trump abandoned.
Iranian media said the 14-point proposal includes withdrawing US forces from nearby areas, lifting the blo-ckade, releasing frozen assets, paying compensation, lifting sanctions, ending the war on all fronts including Lebanon and creating a new control mechanism for Strait of Hormuz.
Iranian state media reported that Washington had conveyed its response to Iran’s proposal via Pakistan and that Tehran was now reviewing it. There was no immediate confirmation from either Washington or Islamabad of the US response.
“At this stage, we do not have nuclear negotiations,” state media quoted Iran's foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei as saying, an apparent reference to Iran’s proposal to set aside talks on nuclear issues until after the war ends. Iran’s 14-point proposal called for the US lifting sanctions, ending its naval blockade of Iranian ports, withdrawing forces from the region and ceasing all hostilities, including Israel’s operations in Lebanon, say officials.
Iran proposes end to war in 30 days
Iran’s latest proposal to the US called for issues between the countries to be resolved within 30 days and aimed to end the war rather than extend the ceasefire, according to Iran’s state-linked media. President Donald Trump on Saturday said he was reviewing the proposal but expressed doubt it would lead to a deal, adding on social media that “they have not yet paid a big enough price for what they have done to Humanity, and the World, over the last 47 years”.
“At this stage, we do not have nuclear negotiations,” state media quoted Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei as saying, an apparent reference to Iran’s proposal to set aside talks on nuclear issues until after the war ends and the parties agree to lift opposing blockades of Gulf shipping.
On Saturday, Trump said that he had yet to review the exact wording of the Iranian peace proposal, but that he was likely to reject it.
The US and Israel suspended their bombing campaign against Iran four weeks ago, and US and Iranian officials held one round of talks. But attempts to set up further meetings have failed so far.
Iran handed over its latest proposal on Thursday, and a senior Iranian official confirmed on Saturday that Tehran envisions ending the war and resolving the shipping standoff first, while leaving talks on Iran’s nuclear programme for later.
Though Trump initially said on Friday that he was not satisfied with the proposal, he said on Saturday he was still looking at it. “They told me about the concept of the deal. They’re going to give me the exact wording now,” he told reporters. Asked if he might restart strikes on Iran, the US president replied: “I don’t want to say that. I mean, I can’t tell that to a reporter. If they misbehave, if they do something bad, right now we’ll see. But it’s a possibility that could happen.”
The proposal to delay talks on nuclear issues until a later phase would appear at odds with Washington’s repeated demand that Iran accept stringent restrictions on its nuclear programme before the war can end.
Washington wants Tehran to give up its stockpile of more than 400kg of highly enriched uranium, which the US says could be used to make a bomb. Iran says its nuclear programme is peaceful, though it is willing to discuss some curbs in return for the lifting of sanctions, as it had accepted in a 2015 deal that Trump abandoned.
Iranian media said the 14-point proposal includes withdrawing US forces from nearby areas, lifting the blo-ckade, releasing frozen assets, paying compensation, lifting sanctions, ending the war on all fronts including Lebanon and creating a new control mechanism for Strait of Hormuz.
Comments (13)
S
SM Hussain Most Interacted
13 days ago
The strait of Hormuz was open untill USA and Israel attacked Iran in spite of Tulsi Gabbard stating that Iran posed no imminent th...Read More
2 Replies
2
2
Reply
Popular from World
- Over 500 drones downed: 4 killed in Russia as Ukraine launches biggest attack in over a year
- Quote of the day by Queen Elizabeth: “Over the years, those who have seemed to me to be the most happy, contented and fulfilled have always been the people who have lived the most outgoing and unselfish lives.”
- Ebola virus outbreak: WHO declares international health emergency after rare strain kills 87 in Congo
- 10 countries with highest anaconda population in the world: From Brazil to French Guiana
- 'Silence of virgin girl can be treated as consent': Taliban formally recognises child marriage with special rules in Afghanistan
end of article
Trending Stories
- IPL Live: RCB beat PBKS by 23 runs, become first team to qualify for playoffs
- "Just embarrassing": FIFA 2026 World Cup controversy erupts as fans demand BTS be removed from Jungkook’s World Cup song credits
- Net Worth Breakdown 2026: Agassi and Graf turn Grand Slams into lasting wealth; investments keep them rich
- Federers’ Billion-Dollar Empire: Couple seen nearing $1bn by 2026; endorsements and equity drive surge
- IPL 2026: Why is RCB captain Rajat Patidar not playing vs Punjab Kings? - EXPLAINED
- ‘I had to see him before final call’: Sourav Ganguly reveals why he briefly delayed MS Dhoni’s India call-up
- IPL 2026: Shreyas Iyer on the verge of history, set to become 5th captain to...
Featured in world
- Police launch probe after fatal robbery attack in UK's East Belfast
- No laughing matter: Colbert exit sparks fears for political satire in America
- Backyard snake now a noose? Back-to-back attacks tarnish Pak army’s reputation
- ‘I want stability, not luxury’: 23-year-old moves 17,000 km to Australia to buy family home back in UK
- London: Man held after van injures pedestrian during protests over removal of flags in Birmingham
- UK healthcare expansion: Steve Jobs son Reed Jobs plans to invest in cancer startups
Photostories
- From giving a tour of her mother’s house to answering fan questions about her health, clean diet, and workout routine, Dipika Kakar gets candid
- How to make Lauki Ka Paratha for Monday breakfast at home
- Amit Shah says this Indian brand's sugar-free chocolate is bestseller in India: 5 benefits of consuming chocolates
- Green Grapes vs Black Grapes: Which has more antioxidants?
- Scarlett Johansson's most iconic roles: Charlotte in 'Lost in Translation', Nicole in 'Marriage Story,' and more
- Urvashi Rautela’s third Cannes 2026 look has the internet asking, "Isn't this Gigi Hadid’s golden saree at NMACC?”
- 5 weekend getaways from Delhi under 500 km to escape the June heat
- Ratan Tata’s ₹150 crore sea-facing bungalow ‘Bakhtawar’ is Mumbai’s most iconic legacy property; here’s who lives there now
- 5 common signs that your dog is in pain (and what to do about it)
- Oats vs Poha (flattened rice): Which breakfast is better for weight loss and energy?
Videos
11:16 ‘CLOCK IS TICKING’: Trump Again Pushes Iran For Deal After Returning ‘EMPTY-HANDED’ From China12:36 Trump-Xi Summit Annoys EU As Kallas Points To JD Vance's Speech; 'Worse When Elephants Make Love'08:32 UAE Nuclear Plant Incident: IAEA Issues Update After Drone-Related Fire08:34 ‘Dumb, Weak-Minded…’: Trump Vs Lauren Boebert EXPLOSIVE Clash, INSULTS Fly Over Massie Support11:40 Iran Threatens "Stormy Scenarios" Targeting U.S. Bases If Trump Resumes Strikes06:12 Trump Unleashes On UN Climate Experts After Stunning Retreat From ‘Doomsday’ Forecasts | WATCH09:49 ‘War Is Not The Answer’: Brazil's Lula Lashes Out At Trump’s Forced Iran Conflict18:29 Indian Worker Killed, 3 Injured as Ukraine Launches 1,000-Drone Blitz On Russia10:45 Hezbollah Releases FPV Drone Footage 'Blinding' Israeli Communications at Balat Site
Up Next
Follow Us On Social Media