By continuing, you agree to the Terms listed here. In case you want to opt out, please click "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" link in the footer of this page.
Opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information
We won't sell or share your personal information to inform the ads you see. You may still see interest-based ads if your information is sold or shared by other companies or was sold or shared previously.
Union home minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday termed Sukma attack,...
Read More
Union home minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday termed Sukma attack, in which 25 CRPF personnel were killed, as a "cold-blooded murder" and said that Maoists are using "tribals as human shields".
Read Less
Share
TL;DR
Rajnath Singh today said that the sacrifice of our jawans will not go in vain.
Attempts are being made to derail the development process in the region, he said.
"This is a cold-blooded murder. The sacrifice of our jawans will not go in vain," Rajnath said.
"Naxalites are using tribals as fodder. Tribals are being used as human shields," the home minister said on Tuesday after paying homage to 25 CRPF men killed in a deadly ambush by Maoists in Chhattisgarh.
"The attack was out of desperation. They (Maoists) are against the ongoing development in the tribal areas. But we will not let them succeed," he said.
Rajnath Singh said that a joint meeting of various state government officials will take place on May 8 to strengthen the strategy against the Maoists.
"If needed, we will review the anti-Naxalite strategy," he said.
Rajnath arrived in Raipur at around 10.30am and directly headed to the headquarters of the 4th battalion of Chhattisgarh Armed Force in Mana camp area where the wreath-laying ceremony was held.
Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon, Chief Minister Raman Singh, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Hansraj Ahir and senior state and paramilitary officials were also present on the occasion.
On Monday, 25 CRPF personnel were martyred and seven wounded in state's Sukma district, the deadliest ambush by Naxalites of security forces in last seven years.
The nearly 100-strong CRPF patrol providing security for road construction work came under fierce gunfire from Maoist guerrillas occupying vantage positions, inflicting heavy casualties on the personnel.