Continue Reading on TOI App
Open
OPEN APP

Boris Johnson cancels visit to India due to Covid-19 situation

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his visit to I... Read More
NEW DELHI: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday cancelled his visit to

India next week

in view of the current Covid-19 situation in the country, said a joint statement released by

ministry of external affairs

and

Britain

government.


"In the light of the current coronavirus situation, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will not be able to travel to India next week," the joint statement said.

"Instead, Prime Ministers Modi and Johnson will speak later this month to agree and launch their ambitious plans for the future partnership between the UK and India."

Johnson had already postponed the trip once in January, when Covid-19 infections were high in Britain.
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information