DEHRADUN: The suspense over Congress’s candidates for 2017 assembly polls continued on Friday as well with the party’s Central Election Committee meeting at 10 Janpath running late into the night.
After the meeting that lasted for over two hours, party seniors, including CM Harish Rawat, state chief Kishore Upadhyay and state party in charge Sanjay Kapoor, huddled themselves in a room at Uttarakhand Sadan in Delhi.
A party insider, who attended the meet, said, “The Congress is likely to announce its first list of 61 candidates on Saturday. The list may be made public once Upadhyay and Rawat return to Dehradun.”
TOI had earlier reported that the Congress’s list of candidates for the 2017 polls has been delayed as differences between Rawat and Upadhyay over accommodating members of ally Progressive Democratic Front (PDF) in ticket distribution remain unresolved.
Meanwhile, chief minister Harish Rawat launched a citizen engagement initiative ‘Harda ko bolo’ on Friday that promises to solve grievances aired by people within 100 days of forming the government in the state. The programme was launched on the Facebook and Twitter handle of the CM.
People can submit their grievances online and would receive a receipt through SMS and email along with an interactive voice response system message that has Rawat assuring them that the problem would be solved within 100 days of coming to power.
“It is my personal commitment to you, that quick resolution of your day-to-day problems will be my priority, and would set the agenda of our incoming Government. To accomplish this, I will form a dedicated 'task force' which will work in mission-mode to solve your issues in a 100 days. I invite you to share your problems with me,” CM Rawat said in a statement.