• News
  • City News
  • raipur News
  • Neither informed nor invited for Vande Bharat train launch, ticket fare exorbitant, says Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel
This story is from December 13, 2022

Neither informed nor invited for Vande Bharat train launch, ticket fare exorbitant, says Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel

Neither informed nor invited for Vande Bharat train launch, ticket fare exorbitant, says Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel
Chhattisgarh chief minister Bhupesh Baghel . (File image)
RAIPUR: Pointing out that he was neither invited nor informed about the launch of Vande Bharat Express train from Nagpur to Bilaspur on December 11, Chhattisgarh chief minister Bhupesh Baghel said that it was the second time that Railway Board hasn’t kept him in the loop despite a significant activity being organized in his state.
CM Bhupesh Baghel said that the Vande Bharat train's tariff is too high and doesn’t cater to middle-lower middle or poor-class people.
1x1 polls

"Railway Board doesn’t feel it necessary to inform the chief minister of the state where it’s launching a new train. Let alone inviting the chief minister, I wasn’t even informed about such an event in the state. At least they could have sent an invitation to the CM," Baghel said.
He added that it was the second such incident when he wasn’t kept in the loop.
"Earlier, a train was started in Antagarh in Bastar region, then also the Railways didn’t bother to inform me," he said.
"Vande Bharat Express train is a gift to the state by Prime Minister Narendra Modi but the travel fare is so high that a common man cannot board the train. Not one but many such trains should run, but first, the fare should be reasonable. Only the rich people will be able to bear the cost, but the trains in which middle class, lower middle class and poor people used to travel have been suspended," Baghel said.

Referring to former chief minister Raman Singh and BJP state president Arun Sao, CM said that at least 40 trains plying from and to Chhattisgarh, have been suspended by Railways for the past many months, but no one speaks up about anything.
"Why this silence for so long while our people had been demanding for resuming the movement of trains but neither Raman Singh ji nor Sao had anything to say?" he said.
Upon completion of four years in office in the Congress government, chief minister announced that it would be observed as "Gaurav Diwas".
"Despite bad times being faced by the government, we in the past four years have contributed a lot for farmers, labourers, tribals, children, minor forest produce collectors, health and industrial development. In the odd times also, we have performed excellently well, hence the completion of four years is being observed as ‘Gaurav Diwas’," Baghel said.
author
About the Author
Rashmi Drolia

Rashmi is a Special Correspondent with The Times of India in Chhattisgarh. She covers Politics, Left Wing Extremism, Crime and Human Rights among other areas of news value.

End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA