PATNA: Deputy chief minister
Tejashwi Prasad Yadav on Tuesday said the BJP leaders were intentionally creating ruckus in the Vidhan Sabha while demanding his resignation.
Tejashwi said his name was added in the supplementary chargesheet in the land-for-jobs scam case because BJP was afraid of the 2024 elections and coming together of non-BJP parties in Patna.
Talking to media outside the assembly about the alleged scam, Tejashwi said the matter was related to 2004 while he was born in 1989.
“It has not been even one year since I have taken the charge of deputy CM and they are levelling corruption charges. What about Chhagan Bhujwal who had returned from jail and then BJP welcomed him? What about charges against
Ajit Pawar?” he questioned while referring to the political developments in
Maharashtra. “One who joins BJP gets washed in their washing machine. But let me tell you that their washing powder is getting finished,” he said.
He said this was not the first chargesheet and neither will it be the last one. “The day our government was formed in August last year, I had said that investigating agencies will be misused,” he said.About the commotion during the ongoing
monsoon session, Tejashwi criticised the way the chair was raised by the opposition in the Vidhan Sabha and said, “We had come fully prepared with the answers, but they (BJP) are not letting the question hour continue.”
On the teachers’ demand, Tejashwi said, “We believe in democracy where all are allowed to discuss issues. On the other hand, when farmers were protesting in the national capital, the PM did not listen to them,” he added.