KOLKATA: Restaurateur and businessman Manjit Singh Grewal on Wednesday submitted
income tax returns for the past five years, apart from several other documents to the ED office in New Delhi. The central investigating agency had asked him to appear before it in connection with the Rs 1.4 crore seizure at his Ballygunge apartment on February 8.
“I have a joint property with a south Kolkata councillor.
It was being alleged that I have 10 cottahs of land. It’s not true. I have only 4-5 cottahs,” Grewal said, while leaving the ED office.
A resident of Bhowanipore, Grewal had been running a dhaba at Sarat Bose Road. Over the years, he had procured several real estate properties and developed them. Grewal on Wednesday denied any involvement with the Gajraj group. “The Salasar guest house has a circle rate of Rs 4.5 crore as per the record of the state government. I have brought relevant documents for it,” he said.
Grewal also denied any links to shares. “I have never purchased a share. I have no clue how the issue of shares has come up? They have asked for my income proof for the past five years apart from
Pan card etc. I have submitted those. I have also given them Salasar guest house documents.”