42% skip assistant registrar exam, no cheating case reported
Indore: Despite intense competition for just 12 assistant registrar posts, nearly 42 percent candidates remained absent from the recruitment examination conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission on Sunday. More than 12,000 candidates had registered for the examination, but only around 7,000 appeared, taking the overall attendance to nearly 58 percent across the state.
The examination was held at 31 centres across Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur and Gwalior. In Indore alone, 63 percent attendance was recorded across 11 examination centres, where 3,213 candidates appeared for the test. The examination was conducted from 12 noon to 3 pm, though candidates began arriving at centres from 10:30 am amid tight security arrangements.
The commission implemented a strict three-layer checking system at all centres to prevent unfair means. Candidates first underwent admit card verification, followed by frisking through metal detectors. During checking, several candidates were found carrying smart watches and electronic gadgets, which were not allowed inside the centres. Girls were also asked to remove earrings and metallic accessories before entry.
In the final stage, biometric verification, including facial and eye matching, was conducted before candidates were permitted to enter examination halls.
The examination was conducted in offline mode, with candidates marking answers on OMR sheets. After completion of the examination, the commission collected reports from all centres, and no case of cheating or malpractice was reported anywhere in the state. OSD Ravindra Panchbhai confirmed that the examination remained peaceful and incident-free.
The recruitment examination consisted of two papers carrying a total of 450 marks. The first paper included questions from general studies and computer knowledge for 300 marks, while the second paper carried 150 marks and focused on university administration, higher education systems and financial rules.
Candidates described the general studies section as relatively easy, but said questions related to university administration and administrative procedures were lengthy and tricky. Experts believe the balanced difficulty level this year could push the cutoff higher compared to last year.
The commission implemented a strict three-layer checking system at all centres to prevent unfair means. Candidates first underwent admit card verification, followed by frisking through metal detectors. During checking, several candidates were found carrying smart watches and electronic gadgets, which were not allowed inside the centres. Girls were also asked to remove earrings and metallic accessories before entry.
In the final stage, biometric verification, including facial and eye matching, was conducted before candidates were permitted to enter examination halls.
The examination was conducted in offline mode, with candidates marking answers on OMR sheets. After completion of the examination, the commission collected reports from all centres, and no case of cheating or malpractice was reported anywhere in the state. OSD Ravindra Panchbhai confirmed that the examination remained peaceful and incident-free.
The recruitment examination consisted of two papers carrying a total of 450 marks. The first paper included questions from general studies and computer knowledge for 300 marks, while the second paper carried 150 marks and focused on university administration, higher education systems and financial rules.
Candidates described the general studies section as relatively easy, but said questions related to university administration and administrative procedures were lengthy and tricky. Experts believe the balanced difficulty level this year could push the cutoff higher compared to last year.
Comments
Be the first to share a thought and become theFirst Voiceof this News Article
end of article
In Indore
- MP records second-highest road accident cases in country
- Three of a family killed after tanker hits motorcycle on Dhar Road
- Four-year-old girl dies after being accidently left in locked car for three hours
- Businessman fined Rs 2 lakh for illegal tree cutting
- Massive fire destroys five tent warehouses in Khajrana area
- Dhar district project coordinator held while taking Rs 1 lakh bribe
- Indore eyes export push in pharma, onion and soyabean under Centre’s district hub plan
Featured In City
- At 94, Deve Gowda defies age and ailments to stay at heart of politics
- 'Maa, mujhe yahan se le jao, please': Twisha Sharma’s messages to mother before death
- 'Provided Rs 50,000 regularly': Ex-judge counters dowry allegations in Twisha Sharma death case
- 'Ladke jhool nai paate, they are treated as criminals': Ex-judge on Twisha Sharma 'dowry' death
- What happens after a woman makes that helpline call
- Pune horror: Four men arrested after lawyer complains of sexual harassment in car
- TN govt, GCC council relationship on the rocks, civic projects may take a hit
Photostories
- Traditional Indian cooling methods that still work today
- Last chance! 5 tiger safaris to experience in India before the wildlife season ends in June
- Navjot Singh Sidhu’s ₹25 crore luxury mansion in Amritsar is defined by cricket success, ancient trees, and palace-style interiors
- Who is Josh Heuston? Inside the rise of 'Off Campus' breakout star Justin Kohl
- Art quote of the day by Pablo Picasso: "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
- From samosas to dokla: 10 common Indian snacks and how many calories they contain
- What Gurukul education taught children that modern schools often miss
- PCOS isn’t only a fertility issue anymore: The hidden metabolic risks women must know
- Huma Qureshi closed Cannes 2026 with a show-stopping velvet moment
- Thought of the day inspired by Bhagavad Gita: Let go without losing compassion
Videos
03:19 “Fuel Prices Rise Again”: Petrol, Diesel Rates Hiked Across India Amid Global Oil Surge03:19 Tamil Nadu CM Vijay Pays Tribute To Former LTTE Chief Prabhakaran On Death Anniversary- India’s Agni Missile Journey: Could Agni-VI Become A 10,000 KM ICBM?
03:04 Suvendu Adhikari Says ED Granted Sanction To Prosecute Sandeep Ghosh In R.G. Kar Case03:07 Norwegian Reporters Question India On Trust And PM Modi’s Media Interactions During Oslo Visit07:07 India Invites Norway For Big Investment Push In Shipbuilding And Green Energy Sectors09:09 'Time Has Come': Suvendu's 'Deportation' Warning In Bhabanipur, Vows Action Over Kolkata Violence04:43 Delhi High Court Denies Interim Relief To Vinesh Phogat, Wrestler Barred From Asian Games Trials- “India Is Now Naxal-Free”: Home Minister Amit Shah Declares End Of Maoist Insurgency From Bastar
Hot Picks
Top Trends
Up Next
Follow Us On Social Media